2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
4 tbsp. baking powder (baking powder)
1 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cup hot milk
6 tbsp. of butter, melted
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of roasted camelina seeds
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, camelina seeds, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites with a tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve.
- In another bowl, put the hot milk, melted butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until blended.
- With a spatula, fold the egg whites until a uniform mixture is obtained.
- Spread the mixture in the preheated waffle iron and bake the waffles until golden brown and crisp.
- You can double the recipe and freeze the excess. The toaster is a great way to reheat them for serving.