3 tbsp. (45 ml) of camelina oil
4 slices of country bread
½ cup (125ml) gruyere or grated Swiss cheese
2 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups (1L) spinach
1 lb sliced white mushrooms
2 tbsp. (30ml) chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp (30ml) camelina seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with 10 ml of camelina oil and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the 4 slices of bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the slices of bread and cook for an additional 5 minutes so that the slices are toasted on each side.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the shallots in 30 ml of oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, stirring regularly for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and melt it lightly.
- Salt and pepper. Remove the vegetable mixture from the pan and keep warm.
- In the nonstick skillet, cook the eggs to the desired consistency of the yolk.
- Place the slice of cheese bread side up on a plate.
- Top with the vegetable mixture, then place the egg on top.
- Sprinkle the crostini with camelina seeds and season with salt and pepper to taste.