3 tbsp. (30 ml) virgin camelina oil
4 bsp. (20ml) plain camelina seeds
570g of shrimp
Half a pack of bacon (200g)
Linguines for 4 portions (340g)
2 packets of cherry tomatoes (454g)
2 garlic cloves
1 packet of spinach (113g)
2 tsp. (10 ml) chilli flakes
4 tbsp. (60 ml) tomato sauce
- Cook linguine according to package directions and reserve half a cup of the cooking water. Drain and add 1 tbsp. of camelina oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Cut the small tomatoes in half, zest and juice half the lemon. Cut the other half of the lemon into wedges and mince the garlic.
- In a hot skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of camelina oil. Add a minced garlic clove and the shrimp. Cook until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Reserve and add the juice of half a lemon over the cooked shrimp.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and cook in a skillet for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a pan, heat a drizzle of camelina oil. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining garlic and half a teaspoon of chili flakes. Cook for 3 minutes so that the tomatoes soften. Add the spinach and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooking water and linguine sauce to the pot. Salt and pepper.
- Divide the linguine between plates and place the shrimp on top. Sprinkle a teaspoon of camelina seeds on each plate. Drizzle with the juice of a lemon wedge. Enjoy!